Guess it’s past time for an update. I had my yearly CT Scan in June. I had progression for the first time in 8 years. Not a lot but over a centimeter on some tumors My Oncologist decided it was finally time to get a Gallium PET Scan. This is a specialized scan that shows neuroendocrine tumors much better then a regular PET Scan. I had this done in July but left for a short vacation shortly after so I didn’t get the results for a couple of weeks. That scan showed the same growth and multiple new sub-centimeter lesions as well.
My onc said I could go ahead and get PRRT (Peptide Receptor Radionuclide Therapy) now or wait and get another Gallium Scan in 6 months. I decided to wait. I’m just not ready yet. Hopefully, I won’t regret it! I also began to wonder if a liver directed therapy wasn’t better to have over a system wide therapy when all of my tumors are in my liver. I spoke with a couple of other NET patients and they have agreed that PRRT is the best way to go.
I see my onc in November and then we should schedule the scan shortly after that.
If you want to learn more about PRRT, there is a ton of info on the internet. Same with the Gallium68 Scan.
Thank you for reading and I hope you are all well and not going stir crazy with the COVID-19 crap!