Mabel has left the building…

Guess it’s past time for an update.  I had my yearly CT Scan in June.  I had  progression for the first time in 8 years.  Not a lot but over a centimeter on some tumors  My Oncologist decided it was finally time to get a Gallium PET Scan.  This is a specialized scan that shows neuroendocrine tumors much better then a regular PET Scan.  I had this done in July but left for a short vacation shortly after so I didn’t get the results for a couple of weeks.  That scan showed the same growth and multiple new sub-centimeter lesions as well.

My onc said I could go ahead and get PRRT (Peptide Receptor Radionuclide Therapy) now or wait and get another Gallium Scan in 6 months.  I decided to wait.  I’m just not ready yet.  Hopefully, I won’t regret it!  I also began to wonder if a liver directed therapy wasn’t better to have over a system wide therapy when all of my tumors are in my liver.  I spoke with a couple of other NET patients and they have agreed that PRRT is the best way to go.

I see my onc in November and then we should schedule the scan shortly after that.

If you want to learn more about PRRT, there is a ton of info on the internet.  Same with the Gallium68 Scan.

Thank you for reading and I hope you are all well and not going stir crazy with the COVID-19  crap!




Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s